Every student is given a personalised timetable on their first day in Sixth Form. We know that some students may want to change subjects within the first few weeks of Year 12. We will always provide support and encouragement to students – but we will also be honest and realistic and provide students with a programme, which supports them in fulfilling their individual potential.
How is it organised?
With more face-to-face teaching time with our students – we will ensure your learning is bespoke. In the six hours per subject, per week that you spend with your teacher – we will make sure your learning is underpinned by our six core learning principles.
Each and every week:
- You will connect and consolidate prior learning.
- Your worked will be assessed.
- You will complete your individual ‘next steps’.
- You will be given differentiated work in class to isolate any learning gaps.
- You will be set personalised homework and independent tasks to complete outside the classroom.
- Your teacher will help you keep organised by checking and monitoring your learning.
Alongside our face-to-face teaching programme we also offer a comprehensive online tuition programme facilitated by our committed staff and an online provider. Students can receive 1 hour of 1-1 personalised tuition per week.
Good leadership and management of the 16 to 19 study programmes ensure that students are placed on suitable courses and that they have every opportunity to succeed.
Ofsted report: Leadership
Further Information on Life in the Sixth Form