As far as we’re concerned, our job is to make sure you can move on to the most suitable pathway for you the day you leave us. We have a structured programme around preparing you for that, using an extensive range of contacts that we have built up over the last few years both locally and nationally.
After sixth form, you have the opportunity to make many decisions for your future pathways. These possible routes include:
- Degree at University or Further Education provider
- Degree or Higher level Apprenticeship
- Job or volunteering with recognised training
In order to support you making those decisions, here are just some of the opportunities we can offer:
- All Sixth Form students are guaranteed the opportunity of an individual, impartial Careers Guidance Interview with Mrs Robinson, our own Careers Advisor. She can be found most days at Southmoor in the Careers Hub located in the Sir Tom Cowie Suite. Alternatively, Mrs Robinson can be contacted by email: email@example.com
- Partnerships with Newcastle and Durham Universities to allow students to use facilities and experience University study
- Programs, including PARTNERS and Realising Opportunities, that will allow students to attend prestigious summer schools designed to give them a head start when applying for Russell Group universities
- In-School and out-of-school Higher Education events
- Trips to universities across the country
- Specialist advice and support for those applying for Oxbridge, Medicine, Law and other competitive courses
- Trained advice from experienced teachers and our dedicated Sixth Form Progress Mentors
- Visiting speakers from Russell Group Universities
- Opportunities to study beyond the curriculum, through the Extended Project and Global Perspectives
- Visiting speakers and application workshops provided by Apprenticeship providers and National Apprenticeship Service
- Visiting speakers from Further Education providers who offer the possibility of studying at a Higher degree level.
- Presentations and workshops by local, national and multinational companies, such as PwC, DWP, Chartered Insurance Institute and many more.
For lots more Careers Advice, Information and Guidance, please see our whole school Careers website: http://www.southmoorschool.co.uk/careers-education-information-advice-guidance/
Here you will find information on our Careers Programme, Latest Labour Market Information (LMI), Apprenticeships, Careers in the Curriculum, Events, Personal Guidance and much more. There is information for students, parents and employers.